Help... Red my RIR is down again!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PAchickenlover, Jul 16, 2011.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Red my RIR and I have been batteling a mysterious "illness". She started limping a couple of months ago and that has never gone away. It started to look as if she was getting better for a while but this a few minutes ago (i just got home from a funeral) I noticed that she is hardly getting up on her feet and walking again, and she is using her wings to 'balance' herself. She is back to panting again also. It's in the mid 80's here so not too hot. None of my other chickens are panting... Please any ideas???? I truly am desperate now!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Please cant any one help? Where is dawg when I ned him...

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Hi. I think anyone that takes a guess would need more info, age, how many chickens, etc. I think there's a guide above. The limp leg and the wing walking do sound serious.

4. LOVEIGEE

LOVEIGEE Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    I've PM'd Dawg for the same thing with my dominique....how weird.......I hope he answers one of us.........[​IMG]

5. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    The other thread that I just found again has more information on what has been going on with Red. Please reffer to that thread now as I will be looking at that one more than this one. Thank you

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    And what thread might that be????????

7. LOVEIGEE

LOVEIGEE Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Where is it?

8. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    The one that says Help! Red Loosing color on comb! Sorry about that my mistake [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by