Help! Rescue chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MarigoldHen, Mar 26, 2017.

1. MarigoldHen

MarigoldHen New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi all-

I recently received a "rescue" chicken from a neighbor. The poor hen was on the low totem pole and was being pecked until it bled. The previous owner knew nothing about the hen and found her wandering around the street when he picked her up. She is pretty small, please view the photos I have attached. I believe she is a buff Orpington, but I'm rather a newbie when it comes to chicken ownership, so I seek educated guesses. You can see where she was pecked around the neck area, but her wounds have healed and her feathers are growing back in. She is currently not laying, and never layed for the man who found her. It's been about 4 months or so since she was found wandering around in the street.

I'm seeking advice on her age and breed and anything else you might want to add to it. Thanks in advance!

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    A picture where you are not holding her showing the body from the side would help. The good news it does look like a young pullet but still has a way to go before eggs.

3. MarigoldHen

MarigoldHen New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Here is a photo of her from the side

4. MarigoldHen

MarigoldHen New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    Bump. Seeking advice :)

5. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    She's too small not fluffy enough to be a BO. She could easily be a BO cross but her face is throwing me off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by