Help - Rooster Feet incredibly swollen and can't walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Goma, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Goma

Goma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    I've got a white rooster that we had for well over a year now. He has survived 2 coyote attack, both were close calls. One of the times he was actually pulled out to the road by the coyote before my brother saw it happen. But fortunately he dropped him after my brother chased after him. My rooster had a swollen feet for a while ago now, and I mentioned it my brother but he didn't know it was normal or not. However, just a day ago I realized both his feet are extremely swollen and he no longer and walk or stand on his feet. I read around but I don't think it is bumblefoot since his feet are literally at least twice the normal size I would say.

I would just like to ask if anyone knows what it is and if it's his time, is there anything I can do to make it more comfortable for him.

Thanks

2. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    How sad! My only thought is bumblefoot. And you say you're pretty sure that's not it. That's the only foot problem I know about in chickens.

Anyway, maybe my post will bring you back to the top of the list and someone else will see this and have another idea for you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by