Help! Rooster wobbly / can't walk right

Zombirr

Hatching
Jul 25, 2021
20220330_101818.jpg

This is our rooster Arnold, 4yo (gotten from Tractor supply as a chick) Dominique rooster.

Monday morning we noticed him laying on the ground perfectly healthy but not able to walk well and it has been like the since.
I've checked up and down his legs/joints and nothing feels swollen or broken and no bumble foot or cuts on his feet/legs.
I'm able to support him/hold him up and he'll walk decently but he can't do it on his own.

We've been checking for any other symptoms and we can't find anything else besides him not wanting to drink water that much but he's eating fine.
Today he has eaten a bit less but I assume it's because he's upset and hasn't been with his hens in two days.

We have no money to take him to the vet right now so best option is for me to ask on here

I would like to know the outcome also. I have the exact same thing going on with my rooster and he’s the same breed.

I would like to know the outcome also. I have the exact same thing going on with my rooster and he’s the same breed.
You can start a new thread of your own and post pictures or a short video (uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here) and give a description of his symptoms for more help. How old is he and was he vaccinated for Mareks disease? Have you added a new bird to your flock recently? Here is where to post:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/post-thread

Back
Top Bottom