Help! Roosters or hens!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 5cutechicks, Aug 22, 2014.

1. 5cutechicks

5cutechicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]We have 4 baby chicks 3 silkies and 1 frizzle, they are almost 5 months old and were anxious to find out who's what! Any help is appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Need a pic to help you out! :)

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - look forward to seeing some pictures of your birds so we can help you sort this out.

4. 5cutechicks

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    I think I got this picture to down load!!![​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The bird second from the left could be a cockerel, but I'm not sure. The white Silkie at the end is almost certainly a rooster. The others look like pullets, though.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The two Polish look like pullets. But, the birds second from the left and the Silkie are cockerels (especially the Silkie).

7. 5cutechicks

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    Thanks so much for your help! We've been reading everything we can to try to figure out who's what. The only chicken that acts different is the blue silkie (Murpy). It doesn't like to be held or bathed like the others and its constantly yapping! We thought maybe it was because he was the tiny baby of the bunch.
    The black silkie, Izzy loves to be held, falls asleep during her bath and mothers everyone and screams like a sick duck when seperated from the 2 tiny chicks. (we have no ducks dont know where the sound came from!) Our frizzle, Cricket doesn't like Izzy to sleep to close to the other chickens and cries if seperated from the 2 tiny chicks, to be held and loves a bath! Pringles the white silkie is the love of the bunch, loves a bath loves to be held, will sit on your lap all day! I thought since Murpy was so grumpy he was a male! my husband says I should know its a female! We don't really care who's what, love them all its just hard waiting! Thanks for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by