Help, saved a day old chick from a cat. possible broken leg.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Terri E, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Terri E

Terri E Just Hatched

Aug 24, 2016
    Onalaska, Tx
    I went to change water. had the baby chick on have when cat pounced on my hand and tried to eat it. I quickly push cat away and it's crying. This happened in the AM. I've tried searching on how to help it. it no longer use is leg and don't know what to do.

I have already searched on split legs and tendons on the hopes of helping two other day old chicks.

now I'm in anxiety of this one with a possible broken leg and she's so tiny. [​IMG]

With the other two, they are separatedfrom the others. Just hard to feed them bit i do constantly check on them.
    Can someone please help this baby with this leg.?

2. quackersandfern

quackersandfern New Egg

Sep 6, 2016
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Did the cat puncture the skin at all? If it did, you really need to bring the little chick to a vet to get her on antibiotics ASAP as cats carry a very harmful bacteria in their mouth that can be fatal without quick treatment. The vet will probably be so happy you brought the lil chick, they may not even charge you and if they do, it will be very minimal due to the tiny size of the chick.

3. Terri E

Terri E Just Hatched

Aug 24, 2016
    Onalaska, Tx

there is no visible puncher. bit will need to search where a vet is nearby.
    I'm new to my area but i can do this.
    thanks

4. Terri E

Terri E Just Hatched

Aug 24, 2016
    Onalaska, Tx
    Update:

She died last night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by