Help setting up Brower top hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gottsegnet, Aug 8, 2010.

1. gottsegnet

gottsegnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    This is our first incubator and I'm sure this is one of those things that will be obvious to me later but right now we basically have it put together with some parts left over and I'm not sure what to do.

We have two semi circle metal parts and some ball bearing that came taped in the box that were not included in the instructions inside. I just watched a video on how to set this thing up and they weren't mentioned.

A little slip of paper came enclosed that identifies this as a "Stainless Steel Track Insert" and has some sort of instructions and a diagram, but I can't make sense of it.

Where do I put these?

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

There are no tracks in a Brower. They must be extra parts from something else. Just follow directions, & happy hatching.

3. chickensrfood

chickensrfood Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    All I can say are the ball bearings that came with it I just threw those in the drawer no clue what they are for except maybe to replace some inside the unit if something fails. Now the track inserts need to be put on and it is very easy. Where the top meets the white base look underneath and you will see the tracks. Just pop in the metal strips. It says you may need super glue to keep them on but mine popped in tightly. Then put it back together.

This unit is an improved model. I had this same unit several years ago and it was noisy with no track inserts. This new one I bought is almost silent.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    Thanks! I'll try that!

5. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    Thanks, chickensrfood! That worked. We had to use a little glue because they fell off everytime we flipped it over, but it's all together now. We figured out what the ball bearings are for, too. One drops in each of those white holes in the base to roll along the little metal track.

Haven't turned it on yet. It's already almost 100 in here so I think we should probably wait until it cools off, but I'm itching to see if we can get something to hatch!!

6. chickensrfood

chickensrfood Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Cool I better put mine in there. It would have been nice to have that in the instructions.

100? Turn on your ac and fire it up [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  7. gottsegnet

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    If we had AC. [​IMG] Now, if we got them to hatch, we at least wouldn't need a heat lamp!

8. NaomiSarah

NaomiSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010
    The metal ball bearings fit in the little holes underneath the bator (on the turner) so that it glides easily as it turns. Without them (or even with them if they corrode) the bator will make a lot of noise as it ages.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by