Help sex my EEs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jakmallex, Jun 28, 2008.

1. jakmallex

jakmallex Songster

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Here are my 5 EEs. They are 7.5 weeks old. I'm pretty sure the first one is a hen and the last one is definitely a rooster since he started crowing yesterday, but I'm not sure about the 3 in the middle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I would guess that maybe #2 is a boy as well.

3. jakmallex

jakmallex Songster

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    I was afraid of that. [​IMG] The white one and #2 are my favorite as far as personality goes...I don't know how to pick which one to keep!

4. I say all pullets except the last one of course since none of them are showing the dark pink /red combs.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

#2 could go either way, but it does look like most of my late-blooming cockerels rather than a definite pullet. The last one is a definite cockerel and the rest look like pullets. Cute birds!

6. I agree with PP. #2's legs look too skinny.

But, I sure think Speckled Hen has a good eye.....

They are all super cute! Nice photos, too!

7. jakmallex

jakmallex Songster

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Chick 2 has a heavier body than the others (except for the rooster). It doesn't show so much in the photos, but he/she is a lot stockier than the other 3. My gut instinct says it's going to be a rooster, but I'm really really hoping it's not.

8. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Songster

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    I love the coloring of number two if i was to look for one that color what should i be asking for?

9. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    really cute pictures! can't help with the sexing though

10. jakmallex

jakmallex Songster

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I'm not sure what that color pattern is called. Since they're EEs I'm not sure it's a true color pattern. I love it too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: