Help Sex The Three EE’s (sold as pullets)

afwifey

Songster
May 12, 2018
South Carolina
We have 3 EE pullets (sold as at least) and 4 Golden Comet pullets. All are the same age- 4.5wks or a few days more. I’d love you thoughts (guesses) on which EE truly are pullets. Maybe I’m missing clues.
6A352B0B-C21D-4129-8A60-3A4DD04417FB.jpeg

114830DE-DBE5-45EE-AF35-91896E706ACC.jpeg

1. Sunny Grits: yellow (white) chick next to one of our Golden Comets in the top pic (feathered slowest of all 7 chicks, just getting tail feathers, most yellow legs of the 3, tallest stance but almost no comb)
2. Dawn Praline: brown chick behind our black chick in bottom pic (most ‘mothering’ of them all & has a little Mohawk but very small comb)
3. Pearl: black chick in bottom pic (has biggest comb but no pink/red & feathered fastest of all, darker legs)

All are 4.5 weeks’ish’. We were all but sure Sunny Grits was a roo but her/his comb is the most nonexistent & he/she is finally feathering. Dawn & Pearl acted/looked like pullets but Pearl’s comb is more jagged and pronounced than any of the others.

Any indicators I’m not seeing? We are listening for any attempts to crow. 😜

Looks like they are all pullets.. the black one might be a cockerel.
They aren't gonna crow until much older, or even attempt.
Can you get comb pics and label them for each bird? At this age, the comb is the only indicator of gender.
Hopefully they're all pullets! :fl
And yes, closer, clearer pics of each bird's comb would help.
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom