Help sexing 5.5 week old Ameraucanas!!!!!

I agree the first is a roo and the second a pullet. The first one has a larger/darker comb than my 3mo old EE.
From my understanding an EE is an Americauna that is not the an approved color or one that won't breed true (or a mix). Most of the hatcheries call their EE an Americauna because it sounds better and because that's the genetic line.
Those sneaky hatcheries! Oh well, they are extremely sweet..hopefully the roo stays sweet and I'll be able to keep him :) Thanks for your input!

Just thought I'd share an update.. The light chick Hannibal is indeed a rooster ..started crowing last week :) and the dark one is very much looking more and more like a pullet!

Thank you so much for updating with what they turned out to be - pleased you only had one too in the end! so many of these threads don't give a final conclusion and it is really frustrating when following all the stages, and helpful educated guesswork, to never get a confirmed conclusion. Really interesting thread and will be posting some pics of my own 5-6 week EE's to see if anyone can help - really worried i have 5/5 all roos :-( just need to work out how to upload the photos :p

IMG_6890.JPG
This is a very helpful thread. A neighbor of mine shared that he purchased two "sexed" Ameraucanas from the same local feed store I got my chick from and his both turned out to be roosters. So I am stressing out about mine which is 5+ weeks old. No aggressive behavior. I am praying it's a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom