help sexing button quail and pic!

Ugo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 16, 2011
Hi, i bought some button quail eggs from stellargamebirds on july. 8 of the hatced and all are still alive, i got a lot of males, 6 males 1 female and a unknown, they are 8 weeks old today. The only female i know for sure is a female its my red breasted female who has been laying eggs for almost 1 week now. the other one im not 100% is i think a silver pearl female? she has not layed any eggs yet and doesnt have red vent feathers and i have not seen her sing like the males do. please help me confirm if the 1st photo of the silver one is a male or female. thanks!

silver pearl female or male?
2.jpg

my red breasted female
3.jpg

my red breasted male or is he blue breasted?
4.jpg

this 2 Cinnamon Red-Breasted Male i think only get along with each othere, they even bite the females
hmm.png

so they live alone togather.
1.jpg

i also have 2 Red-Breasted Golden Pearl males and 1 white male, you can sort of see one in the 1st pic
smile.png

I don't have anything that would be helpful to you, but those are some very beautiful birds!!!
big_smile.png
Thanks for the pics
smile.png

Awwww! I never get to see photos what I send out sadly
smile.png
Thank you for posting!

The first photo is a Silver Red Breasted Hen

The photo next to your Red Breasted hen is a Red breasted male, the Red extends up nicely to confirm that.

And sometimes males will love each other...I have some male-male pairs...Just like the human world, the button world is similar
tongue.png

#1 is a silver redbreasted female
#2 is a red breasted female (left) and what looks like a golden pearl (could be wild or red breasted but looks like he has 'pearling') male (right)
#3 looks like a wild (blue breasted)\\
#4 2 Cinnamon males (to my knowledge all cinnamons are red breasted) but the one on the right looks like a cinnamon pearl.

It is possible to keep 2 same-sexed birds together, they do just fine. I actually have several males together and they don't fight...no girls though
wink.png

Thanks for the replys! i was worryed the silver was a male lol, love them all though
smile.png

Totally off topic, but those are some amazing photos
love.gif

In my experiences, quails don't stay still long enough to take pics-
It that just mine?
hu.gif
roll.png

Very pretty birds

Quote:
i know we're off topic, but it seems it was solved....so.....you must be using a DSLR type camera...nikon or cannon?

lovely birds for such nice photo's

Thanks lol. nope just a normal digi cam. COOLPIX S4100, i do take a lot of pics though and just pick the best.

Back
Top Bottom