Help sexing chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kaisersoze89, Jun 22, 2016.

1. kaisersoze89

kaisersoze89 New Egg

Jun 22, 2016
    Ok
    Hello,
    I am new to having chickens, and also this website. I have a rook question, I have ten chickens, 4 buff Orpingtons, 4 RIRs, and 2 EE's. I think one of (or both) my Easter eggers may be a rooster. I bought them all as pullets, and have been under the impression that they all are female but recently one of my EE's has started a kind of quiet crowing in the mornings and evenings. I have read that in an all female flock one hen may be dominant and crow. They are about 16 weeks old, I feel like they are old enough to judge but I am still unsure. They do not have Spurs and their combs aren't to much different from the others chickens. Just the crowing is throwing me off. I will try to add more pictures soon. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you.[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Both EE pictured have typically male coloring. They are cockerels.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

x3

5. kaisersoze89

kaisersoze89 New Egg

Jun 22, 2016
    Ok
    I hear you guys. Here are some better pics, I trust you I just want to be 100% sure I was really wanting some blue eggs. Lol bummer. Thanks guys [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. ashtree

ashtree Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2014
    oklahoma hills
    With that coloring they are absolutely boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by