Help sexing Easter Eggers and Lavender Orpingtons

longax

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2017
I have a few 7 week old easter Eggers and lav orps that I need help sexing! Here are pictures.

This is Florence the lav orp. I'm pretty sure she's a pullet.
temporary.jpg

Lady Bird. I suspect Lady Bird may be a roo...
temporary.jpg

Helen the Easter Egger. This photo is from two weeks ago. Helen's coloring and temperament make me concerned about being a roo.
IMG_1713.JPG

Dolley the EE is the red one in front. I'm pretty sure Dolley is a pullet.
temporary.jpg

This is Jackie. She has been the bossiest and meanest chick from day 1. I suspect she may be a roo.
temporary.jpg

Thanks everyone!

from what I see, I think Helen and Jackie (judging Jackie by the nice comb shot in Dolley's photo.) are the only pullets LOL. I could be wrong. Do you have any good pictures of the Easter Egger combs? The only one I'm 90ish% sure is a boy is Dolley. See how his tail is more pointy, and he has three rows or red/pink 'peas' for his comb.

Last edited:
from what I see, I think Helen and Jackie (judging Jackie by the nice comb shot in Dolley's photo.) are the only pullets LOL. I could be wrong. Do you have any good pictures of the Easter Egger combs? The only one I'm 90ish% sure is a boy is Dolley. See how his tail is more pointy, and he has three rows or red/pink 'peas' for his comb.

I don't have any closer photos of the EE combs but I see what you're talking about. Dolley's comb is definitely wider than Jackie's. I'll take more pictures when I get home later!

Have you tried posting photos at "what breed or gender is this." It's usually best if there is only one bird per photo and nice clear close-ups of head showing full extent of comb. Plus standing side view -natural stance.

Back
Top Bottom