Help sexing golden

Jedwards

Songster
8 Years
Aug 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hey all,

I'm having trouble determining the sex of this quail. It doesn't look it's brothers and sisters. I'm leaning towards maleI think. Thanks!

The girls:

The boys:

?:

Looks like a male but didn't get the red head gene maybe?
Or a manchurian female? I'm not too savvy on the golden genes yet and the threads on here left me stumped..

:D I had a male look similar,

Is that conaidered an Italian/speckled male? The other males I have lack the speckling on their backs and are more of a solid yellowish with red heads. Kinda neat, from what I've read the red head is a recessive gene.

Is that conaidered an Italian/speckled male? The other males I have lack the speckling on their backs and are more of a solid yellowish with red heads. Kinda neat, from what I've read the red head is a recessive gene.

I believe he's an Italian and the golden/manchurian are the ones without the spots?? There's a lot of confusion over that, at least I read conflicting picture tags and posts but yeah that's what I've gathered :p

Maybe the bird in question will get the black marking in front of his eye once all that baby down around his eye goes away :)

My pharaoh coturnix male had a paler face last year (was born in the summer) then this spring he grew a dark red/brown face :p

Back
Top Bottom