Help sexing Ixworth chicks (pictures included)UPDATED

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marlene, Sep 18, 2011.

1. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Hi these are my 2 ixworth chicks, they are 6 weeks old. Any idea what gender they might be?. 1st 2 pictures are chick 1 and 2nd 2 pictures are chick 2.
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    OK here is a picture of the combs, one appears to be flat and one is bumpy. Best i could get as they did not want to pose for pics lol.
    One chick is slightly bigger than the other even though they hatched on the same day, the bigger 1 has the flat comb and the smaller 1 has the bumpy comb.
    Any ideas??

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I have never heard of an Ixworth before! Are you in Britain? I think they
    're a little too young to tell for sure. Maybe someone with more experience with the breed could help. Oh, I just read that they have pea combs. Get a close up pic of their combs if you can. Girls will have flat combs for quite some time, while boys will have clearly visible 3 rows of bumps that turn pink quite early. hth!

3. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Hi mama24 thanks for your feedback, yes i am in uk. I will try and take a pic of their combs if i can catch them [​IMG]

4. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Is there no one on here familiar with ixworth chickens that can help me sex these chicks ???

5. joff160583

joff160583 New Egg

Jun 6, 2014
    Im in the same boat I have 2 ixworth chicks and cant work out what thay are. (And yes I know that thay are chickens lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by