Help sexing my 3 Silkie cross Pekins please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sammo, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Sammo

Sammo In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2012
    Hi everyone,

Im new to this whole chicken thing and have 3 silkie cross pekins that are approx 6 weeks old now.

Can anyone out there please tell me if Hewey looks like a roo to you, its twice as big as the other two.

I hope he isnt because I love him and will have to send him back to the farm as roo's aren't allowed in our neighbourhood.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hewey: Below

[​IMG]

Dewey: Below

[​IMG]

Lewey: Below

[​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    First, [​IMG] Hewey looks like he might be a roo by the way his crest is but I can't really tell cause the comb looks kinda blurry. It would be helpful to have a whole body pic of him just standing on his own. [​IMG]

3. Sammo

Sammo In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Is this picture a little better???

4. Well, I have a few silkie crosses... With the comb it has, being that its a silkie comb... that is going to make it a bit hard to tell for a few. How old are they? I love that pattern. OH, my avatar is a silkie x faverolle.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  5. Sammo

Sammo In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2012
    They are only 6 weeks old, I got them unsexed at about 2 weeks old and Im very attached already!
    Hewey is just got so much bigger then the other 2 which makes me think its a boy.....hoping just a greedy hen
    I feel sorry for the other two if he has to go back as they follow him around everywhere! Do you know if its possible to have a quiet roo?

Thanks for your help!

6. Sammo

Sammo In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2012
    Any other ideas on my chickies??? what about the other two? boy/girl/too early to tell????

Thanks in advance

7. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    right now they all appear to be pullets...can you get a profile shot of Dewey?

8. Sammo

Sammo In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2012
    HDOWDEN you have made my day!!![​IMG]

Here are more of dewey

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Sammo

Sammo In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2012
    I am shocking myself at how attached I am with these little cuties!!

10. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    I think it's too hard to tell for now. Hewey looks like he could go either way, but the other two are girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: