Help sexing my 3 Silkie cross Pekins please

Sammo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Hi everyone,

Im new to this whole chicken thing and have 3 silkie cross pekins that are approx 6 weeks old now.

Can anyone out there please tell me if Hewey looks like a roo to you, its twice as big as the other two.

I hope he isnt because I love him and will have to send him back to the farm as roo's aren't allowed in our neighbourhood.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hewey: Below

Dewey: Below

Lewey: Below

First,
welcome-byc.gif
Hewey looks like he might be a roo by the way his crest is but I can't really tell cause the comb looks kinda blurry. It would be helpful to have a whole body pic of him just standing on his own.
big_smile.png

Well, I have a few silkie crosses... With the comb it has, being that its a silkie comb... that is going to make it a bit hard to tell for a few. How old are they? I love that pattern. OH, my avatar is a silkie x faverolle.

Last edited:
They are only 6 weeks old, I got them unsexed at about 2 weeks old and Im very attached already!
Hewey is just got so much bigger then the other 2 which makes me think its a boy.....hoping just a greedy hen
I feel sorry for the other two if he has to go back as they follow him around everywhere! Do you know if its possible to have a quiet roo?

Thanks for your help!

Any other ideas on my chickies??? what about the other two? boy/girl/too early to tell????

Thanks in advance

I am shocking myself at how attached I am with these little cuties!!

Back
Top Bottom