Help sexing my EE

JulieNKC

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City
Hi, I need some help with my EE. They are 5-6 weeks old except for one, who is 7-8.
This is Chuckie, who thought she was a duck and now thinks she's a turkey. She's the oldest, and I'm thinking girl.

This is Chipmunk 1 and I'm thinking girl? She's also the smallest.

This is Blue. Boy?

This is Pretty boy, who has the biggest comb and I'm pretty sure is a boy.

This is chipmunk 2, Boy?

And this is the one that confuses me the most. It's the biggest, and has no feathers compared to everyone else. It also has no comb, and no hint of pink or rows in it.

Thanks!

2 girls, 3 boys, the last one looks like he is going to be a really really late bloomer. I have one that is 9 weeks old and still hasn't gotten his feathers in, I know he is male because of the feather pattern, but his comb is also late developing. Yours will probably be the same, when he starts getting his full feathers, then his comb will enlarge also. Its chipmunk 2 that I am not sure on. Keep an eye on its shoulders and see if it starts getting red patches there - that will signify roo.

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't even think about comb development maybe being linked to feather development, that would make sense, lol.

Updated pics of baldy. It finally has some feathers, but still no comb. I still have no idea if it's a boy or girl.
idunno.gif

Hmmmm....I'm thinking it's a boy...the tail feathers seem shiny...

However, when I was getting rid of some of my roos a while back, I had one I was on the fence about. I thought it was a boy, but it really looked like it could be a hen....I kept him and it ended up being a roo...

Glad to see his feathers finally came in!

Here are updated pics of chipmunk 2. ( I really need to get these guys real names lol) He has the biggest reddest comb, and dark red feathers coming in on his shoulders. Boy?

Back
Top Bottom