Help sexing Russian Orloffs

Cherie1n2

Songster
5 Years
May 5, 2014
Upstate South Carolina

They are 9 weeks old.. Any help would be appriciated!

I answered this in full detail, but I put a link on the answer, so it is being checked over by the administrator team to make sure it is okay. It should be here soon. Go to The Chicken Chick and search sexing chickens for more info. Good luck!

Aww! So adorable! XD I hav 3 Russian orloffs (1 is mine and the other 2 r my sisters) and I think they r so cute. I'm not sure bout the gender of ur birds though...ur best bet would probably be to wait to see if they crow or start to lay eggs. And if u hav more than 1 orlaff, compare leg sizes. I read somewhere that if the legs are thicker, it's probably a roo. But even if one has slightly larger legs and a bigger comb, I'd just wait it out. I thought my welsummer was a roo just cause her comb was bigger than my other welsummers...lol

And even though the comparing legs thing might sound stupid, it might give u a general idea of which ones may b a roo. But I wouldn't just go by the leg thing...

Check out our fb group page and meet orloff breeders from across USA & Canada. We should have our official web site up and running soon, hopefully once I finish it :)

Back
Top Bottom