Help sexing Sussex cross, Cockeral or Pullet? 6 1/2 weeks old

Dec 5, 2020
Australia
Hi everyone, I need some help sexing my Sussex cross. I now know that my 2 black chicks are female, I just have 2 more I'm not sure about. I will post some more pictures in a couple of weeks, it should be easier to tell then. I value anyone's opinion, I wonder what you all think it is. It's wattles are the same colour as it's comb. Does anyone think it could still be a pullet? I appreciate any comments.
DSCN0682.JPG
DSCN0685.JPG
DSCN0694.JPG
DSCN0695.JPG
DSCN0602.JPG
DSCN0604.JPG

I’m suspicious due to the larger comb and pinkish colour, but at this stage it’s still a bit too early to tell for sure. I’ve had a bird or two trick me before, so best to wait a little longer before making a verdict. Post photos again at 8 weeks. What is the Sussex crossed with?

I’m suspicious due to the larger comb and pinkish colour, but at this stage it’s still a bit too early to tell for sure. I’ve had a bird or two trick me before, so best to wait a little longer before making a verdict. Post photos again at 8 weeks. What is the Sussex crossed with?
I don't actually know. The woman I got it from did not tell me it was a cross, but she also breeds ameraucanas and they have grey legs? She also breeds a variety of others so I am not sure what it is crossed with. I will post photos at 8 weeks.

OP said yesterday (or possibly the day before) that she would post new photos in 2 weeks. Not sure why there's a new thread with same photos. 🤔
I know I said I would post in 2 weeks ( I will ) I just got so excited about this website and people helping each other. I started a new thread because the old one had the black ones in the photos and now ( thanks to this website! ) I know they are female. I live in a place which is strict about roosters, so I was just hoping to get a few more peoples opinions. " sorry ".

I know I said I would post in 2 weeks ( I will ) I just got so excited about this website and people helping each other. I started a new thread because the old one had the black ones in the photos and now ( thanks to this website! ) I know they are female. I live in a place which is strict about roosters, so I was just hoping to get a few more peoples opinions. " sorry ".
I understand! Hoping they're early developing girls for you. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom