1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Help Sexing These!!Help Please !!! Oh that Rhymes lol

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickennDudee, Mar 22, 2015.

1. ChickennDudee

ChickennDudee In the Brooder

Mar 13, 2015
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Okay so when I first bought my Leghorns the man said he didn't know which sex they were so I looked up info online about sexing chicks and found out that I have a hen and a rooster. But one day my neighbor told me that they were both roosters and now that I look at them I'm confused but the one that I think is a girl, her comb is smaller and yellowish than the other one because the other ones Comb is bigger and orangish. They also act like if they were a couple, so I'm not sure what they are please help. Here are they're pictures....I'm going to refer to the one that I think is a rooster as GUY and the one that I think is a hen as GIRL.

GUY[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

GIRL[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    How old are they? "Guy" is likely a cockerel and "Girl" is likely a pullet. However, Guy could still be a pullet, as Leghorns develop quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: