Help seziers in 6 week pullet

HeiHeisMom

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Goliad, Texas
15519368199046439850455694157916.jpg
I think my 6 week pullet is siezing.
Gasping ridged wings and feet head up neck back will take small amounts of waterhelp!

Is it constant or intermittent? For how long?
What do you feed? How much?
Do you have any others?
Do they have access to anything that might have lead paint in it, or anything else toxic? Rat poison? Cleaners?
Stop pouring water down its throat before you get water in its lungs.

Put cool water on her feet and a few drops of sav a chick on beak.
She opened eyes and swallowed she's not siezing continually now. But convulsions are quick and don't last as long. She' appears to bebe sleepi between.
Still squeal crying

What is the temperature of your brooder and is the brooder inside or outside in a cold coop? This sounds neurological, but I would give it Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell tonic 1 ml daily per every 3 pounds. Your chick could probably tolerate 1 ml given a drop at a time. Make sure that it is eating and drinking by offering sips of water and offer some wet feed mixed with a little egg daily.

What is the temperature of your brooder and is the brooder inside or outside in a cold coop? This sounds neurological, but I would give it Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell tonic 1 ml daily per every 3 pounds. Your chick could probably tolerate 1 ml given a drop at a time. Make sure that it is eating and drinking by offering sips of water and offer some wet feed mixed with a little egg daily.
She was hatched in coop by momma.
It got below freezing the past couple of nights, but she did fine cuddled in nest box with momma.
The night before last we found her barely responsive on coop for between wall and post. Brought her inside, warmed her slowly and she's been eating and drinking (pooing) normally.
She walked around a bit but mostly slept yesterday. Last night she just got hit with what in all appliances was a grand mal seizure.
Her temp spiked, but is normal again.
Not sure if she had seized in coop before we found her.
No injuries found, but we do have a bully roo that might have scared her...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom