1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!! SGD pullet & RD cockrel have stinky diarrhea

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CyndiD, Jul 6, 2016.

1. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hi, I just purchased 1 SGD 5wo and 2 RD 6-8wo. 1 RD was lithargic and his eyes were half closed when i got them home. 1.5 days later the RD cockrel was dead. I bleach and sterilized brooder and eating/drinking bowls 4 days ago.
    Today, i noticed the SGD pullet & RD cockrel have stinky cream/tan colored poop on their feathers around their butt. it is not caked or covering their anus, it is just on the feathers, it is not pasty butt. they do not act lethargic and their eyes are clear.
    Can anyone suggest any meds to give them or vitamins? if you have any Q's for me, please ask! i would love to act quickly... i do not want to lose them.
    i have notified the seller so she is aware of this for her flock sake and to see if she has any remedies for me also.
    thank you very much
    P.S. I added some nutri-drench to their water today. i also have "save-a-chick" powder to add to water and i have some electrolyte powder to add to water also. dont want to over-load them, so i just gave them the nutri-drench. any other suggestions?

edit to add text

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Might be cocci... I treat for that first... stop the vitamins and start a course of Corid... restart the vitamins after a full course of Corid, plus follow up...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    thank you very much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by