HELP!! Sheila's inner wing is purple!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by OwlLover, Dec 1, 2012.

1. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    My dad noticed today that Sheila was walking around with Kiki (my broody) but her wing was drooping as if it was broken. My mom left a little bit ago to get some gauze, I looked under Sheila's wing and I saw that it was purplish-bluish and a little bit bendy (that's the best way I can describe it...) . I just went outside to check on her and she was lying on her side! She's sitting on my lap as I type this, cheeping occasionally and falling asleep, but I'm scared to death for her. I tried to get a picture, but the color of her wing isn't showing up. She's about 2 weeks old. Please help, I love her very much and don't want anything to happen to her.

2. Buffygirl

Buffygirl Out Of The Brooder

Maybe her wing is badly bruised, which would explain the color and the way she is laying down. A warm epsom salt bath will help this.

3. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    I will try that, thanks. My mom and I just wrapped her wing in gauze, she seems to be feeling much better. My dad and I will be taking her to the vet on Monday (closed on Sundays, gah why do these things always happen on the weekends? [​IMG]).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by