Help-Should I move them or leave them?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by needtohatch, Apr 19, 2009.

1. needtohatch

needtohatch Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    I just finished candling my eggs (day 17) I was going to move them into the hatcher in the morning. Now I am not sure what to do. Almost all of them seem to have lots of room left. I thought my temp was staying around 101 (have still air) and since my last hatch started piping on day 20 with at temp of 102 I was not worried about it being only at 101. Now after this I rechecked my thermometer and it is running about 2 degrees low so really my temp has only been around 99. [​IMG] It tested right on before I put it in so did not think much till tonight. I candled last on day 12 and all looked ok. So now I am wondering should I move them to the hatcher or leave them in the bator and turned for another day or two? [​IMG]
    Any ideas? Oh and should I turn up them temp now or just leave it since I am close to the end?
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009

2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Songster

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I wouldnt turn it up. On my last 3 days my temp went up to 103 i had to turn it down the heat will raise from the body heat of the chicks. Mine is running 99 right now also.

3. needtohatch

needtohatch Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Anyone have an opinion on if I should leave them in the bator for a few more days or move them to the hatcher? On day 18 now. I did take the temp up to 101-102. I am wondering if I move them to the hatcher how will the higher humidity affect them if they are a few days behind due to the low temps.

4. needtohatch

needtohatch Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Really need some ideas please. Day 19 will start in a few hours and I really don't know what to do. Will the higher humidity in the hatcher cause problems if the eggs are a few days behind due to low temps?
    Thanks

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Me I wouldn't have raise the temp but since you have go ahead and put them in the hatcher since its the evening of day 18 and raise the humidity. Only thing I know to do at this point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by