help: should i take my chick out of the bator?

starkist72

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
I had a chick hatch at noon today, so about 8 hours ago. not quite fluffed out.

I have an egg rocking and moving like crazy. This egg was actually put in a day after the others so it's only on day 20 (someone gave me eggs, i thought what the heck, fill the empty spot)

I have other eggs in, but I'm not sure anything else is going to hatch, I had temperature problems this time around (I'm grateful for the one that hatched!!!)

I don't think I have any pips, but I'm not sure

My question is, should i pull the first chick out now or wait until my "rocker" hatches?

You can leave them in the incubator for the first three days if necessary, but after 24 hours I usually put in a jar lid filled with marbles and water just so they have some water... Doing this I regularly keep the babies in the incubator for a couple of days as staggered egg clutches hatch...

You can leave them in the incubator for the first three days if necessary, but after 24 hours I usually put in a jar lid filled with marbles and water just so they have some water... Doing this I regularly keep the babies in the incubator for a couple of days as staggered egg clutches hatch...

PERFECT! thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed to hear right now!

this is my first staggered hatch, I had all freebie barnyard eggs so I started out thinking, hey whatever happens happens, now that we're close they're feeling much more important :)

Back
Top Bottom