1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP?! Sick baby silkie!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenlover235, Nov 11, 2013.

1. chickenlover235

chickenlover235 Chillin' With My Peeps

My baby silkie is sick! She won't get up and walk her eyes are closed and she won't move her body! And she won't eat or drink! What is wrong with her?!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How is she doing? How old is she? Is she warm enough? What do her poops look like?

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Could she possibly have coccidosis? Bloody stool is NOT always present with coccidosis. I'd treat with corid which is amprollium brand's names can be corid or amprol. Symptoms are sleepy lethergic off the feed puffed up bloody stool may or may NOT be present.if she has these symptoms I'd treat asap. Hope this helps. Best wishes

4. chickenlover235

I need no more answers... Sadly she left us I think last night and was dead this morning...

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Sorry for your loss.

6. chickenlover235

It's ok... Plus those African killer bees are coming here.... And she was small so we don't know how... V_V

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by