Sick Chicken

Shes only
How old is she?
She will be 3 in February. I've been giving her liquids with a syringe dropper thing and she's much more alert now with her eyes open but still not able to walk eat or drink on her own. She doesn't have any weird mucus coming from her nose or mouth and her craw was definitely empty until I started giving her water by hand.

Anyone help!

Last week I thought one of my chickens was acting strange and today she was hiding in the corner away from other chickens. I picked her up and took her to another location away from the other chickens. She's very bony won't eat or drink and can't walk. Her comb looks terrible. Dry, shriveled and darker color. I've read giving a boiled egg might help. I been dropping water in her mouth with a syringe and it seems to be helping her come back to life but she's still not able to walk, eat or drink on her own. Her crop was flat until i started giving her fluids. I don't think she has any blockages

Attachments

• 20221003_122830.jpg
    20221003_122830.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 4
First off, :welcome
Second of all, cute chicken. Looks just like my chicken.
Third of all have you tried antibiotics? I don't usually use them on my chickens because my chickens are normally healthy and never get sick (excluding the fact that they can get injured legs). If that doesn't work, consider opening her mouth carefully and place the food in her mouth. Maybe try separating the chicken from the other flocks so they don't catch the sickness too. I usually put my chickens in the sunroom whenever they get sick but if you don't have a sunroom, put her in a box and put the box somewhere where the chicken won't be bothered in the house.

Anyone help!

Last week I thought one of my chickens was acting strange and today she was hiding in the corner away from other chickens. I picked her up and took her to another location away from the other chickens. She's very bony won't eat or drink and can't walk. Her comb looks terrible. Dry, shriveled and darker color. I've read giving a boiled egg might help. I been dropping water in her mouth with a syringe and it seems to be helping her come back to life but she's still not able to walk, eat or drink on her own. Her crop was flat until i started giving her fluids. I don't think she has any blockages
I hope she feels better soon. She looks like two of my bard rocks. Ill have my fingers crossed for u and them.

First off, :welcome
Second of all, cute chicken. Looks just like my chicken.
Third of all have you tried antibiotics? I don't usually use them on my chickens because my chickens are normally healthy and never get sick (excluding the fact that they can get injured legs). If that doesn't work, consider opening her mouth carefully and place the food in her mouth. Maybe try separating the chicken from the other flocks so they don't catch the sickness too. I usually put my chickens in the sunroom whenever they get sick but if you don't have a sunroom, put her in a box and put the box somewhere where the chicken won't be bothered in the house.
Thank you so much for your response. I haven't tried antibiotics yet but maybe I should. She's separated from everyone else

I would keep up with the fluids, maybe add some electrolytes and wet mash for some food and see if it perks her up.

How old is she? Has she been laying that you know of?

I would keep up with the fluids, maybe add some electrolytes and wet mash for some food and see if it perks her up.

How old is she? Has she been laying that you know of?
Ok perfect that's exactly what I've been doing about every hour for her and it seems to be helping but she's definitely not back to normal yet. She will be 3 in February. I'm not sure when she laid an egg last since all the girls lay in the same spot. Electrolytes and water from syringe have been helping. Before I put her to bed I have her 2 tsp of wet mash from the syringe

Back
Top Bottom