HELP!!! Sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dizzle's chicks, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dizzle's chicks

dizzle's chicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Came home today and saw one of my chickens lying on the ground in the run panting heavily. She's not really moving and don't seem to have any noticeable injuries nor blood in her poop. But her poop and like a milky substance. I put her In a tote and a heat lamp with new bedding. Is there anything I can do? Please help!

2. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know much about sick chickens but I would start with electrolytes.....I hope someone else can help you more...and good luck...

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would be a little more specific with a description of your chicken. How old is she, what kind of temperatures you have there, what kind of food, any problems in the past --worms, lice, ect. The more info everyone has the more people can help. Hope you get some helpful answers (but weekends can be slow here.)

5. dizzle's chicks

dizzle's chicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Quote:She is 4 months old. The weather here in Seattle around 55 to 65 with clouds and rain. None of the chickens ever had any problems except back in July when one chicken had coccidiosis but the chicken recovered. She been eating chick developer. They go outside almost everyday to graze. She looks lethargic and all fuffed up. Is there anything I can give her?

6. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Lethargic & fuffed up? Maybe she needs another round of coccidosis treatment.

7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:Four months old - then eggbound would not be it. I agree with Uniontown Poultry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by