1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

HELP sick hen --Feces look strange -** PICTURES***

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by willkatdawson, Dec 11, 2008.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    This afternoon our 20 week old BR hen left the flock of 8 chickens and went deep in the woods. once let out to free range she rested under a bush while the others wondered away. That is very strange, they always stay together. The roo is mating with her, but we have had only 1 egg from another hen.I found her in the woods wondering around and she was very calm, let me walk right up and pick her up (not normal). I brought her inside and washed her bottom then let her soak. I don't feel a bound egg and her vent looks normal. I could feel her pubic bones and there was not an egg in there. She is eating and drinking. I do have her inside in the chickens playpen. Any ideas? Also I followed her around the yard yesterday and all the feces I saw from her were runny. One almost looked like mucus. I thought maybe it was becaue they were eating earthworms by the hundreds. Here in Ga it has been so wet they come to the surface.

I found this dropping yesterday. Not sure if it was her, but have never seen any like it, and she was already acting odd. This looked just like water with algae.
    [​IMG]

This was on a towel about 1 hour ago. Stringy stuff was like mucus.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008

2. corydonald

corydonald In the Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    my coop
    well maybe its not poo

3. winekntrychicks

winekntrychicks Pooper Peeper

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    Has she been wormed?