1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help-Sick Pullet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicks2do, Oct 30, 2010.

1. chicks2do

chicks2do New Egg

Jun 9, 2010
    Can anyone please help me!I have a 8week old Cochin bantam that was fine yesterday and when i went to the coop this morning she is on her side.I thought at first she was dead.She is now in the house I am giving her medicine that treats canker,e-Coli,paratyphoid and Coccidious.She is very alert but can' move her legs.i see no discharge from her nose or eyes and she ate well yesterday.

2. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    When I have seen Cocci I often see that the bird is very lethergic, not interested in food/water, fluffed up and non-social. Has your pullet been vaccinated for marek's? Even if she has, there is still a 10% chance left that she can contract it, but I would tend to explore other possibilities more openly if she is vaccinated.

3. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    So can your girl stand up at all? Have you seen blood in her poop? Have you seen worms? I would try giving some viamins in her water

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by