Help! Sick Puppy, *UPDATE* He is Now Fine! ~pg 1

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by User66184, May 12, 2011.

1. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    ETA: Charlie is Doing Perfectly fine now, Eating, Drinking, Barking, Ect, Thank you all!

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
  2. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:I'd love to help you but you should put more information up. How old is the dog, what are you feeding him, has he seen a Vet and has he had vacciens? When was the last Vet visit? How many times has he vomited and is he pooping ok or????

But first and foremost he should be seeing a Vet because internet diagnosis isn't really reliable. I hope he feels better soon.

3. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Quote:I'd love to help you but you should put more information up. How old is the dog, what are you feeding him, has he seen a Vet and has he had vacciens? When was the last Vet visit? How many times has he vomited and is he pooping ok or????

But first and foremost he should be seeing a Vet because internet diagnosis isn't really reliable. I hope he feels better soon.

He wont eat at all, When he does he pukes it up everytime, His poo is Runny and all, But no worms! Havent been to the Vet, Cant afford it, But are making arrangments to go soon, charlie is a 1Yr Old Chaweenie, [​IMG]

Thank you Jamie,

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  4. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
  5. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Quote:oh No!! Is it Curable? I hope so, We have 3 Other doggies, And i would hate them to get sick [​IMG]

6. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    parvo get to Vet ASAP if it is you will loose him

7. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:oh No!! Is it Curable? I hope so, We have 3 Other doggies, And i would hate them to get sick [​IMG]

If he isn't seen by a vet, he's not gonna make it more than likely. If your other dogs have not had their shots, they will more than likely pick it up too.

8. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    What you listed could describe anything from a partial blockage to parvo. Please list as many details as you can (everything from is their blood in the stool to what his vomit looks like). Regardless, with that list of symptoms, I suggest a vet is seen pronto. Some vets will work out payment plans with you. Poor little guy sounds sick!

9. Momto3

Momto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    If it is Parvo and you cant afford a regular office visit, you wont be able to afford the treatment for Parvo. It can run 1-2k for treatment. It is VERY contagious to other animals if they havent been vaccinated against it. Good luck, I hope it isnt something major, but it doesnt sound good. I am gonna go on a limb here and say this. If you cant afford to provide the proper medical treatment to the animals in your care you need to find them new homes. It isnt fair to them.

10. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Has Charlie been to any new yards parks ect??????? Parvo is an AWFUL thing to have and to watch your doggy go through. Good luck keeps us updated please

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by