help sick roo tries to crow but no sound sounds like wheezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bigdawg, May 18, 2010.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i have a year old light brahma roo. within the past week is crow has been getting alot soft, now there is no sound. i am thinking gapeworm or somethng stuck in his crop? he is eating and drinking fine. he is by himself now and i added b-12 to his water. is DE the best to dust and deworm all my birds? or do i need something different for gapeworm. thanks for all replies..........

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I have no gapeworm experience - but you can search it. Use the search link in the upper blue bar, above your logged in name. This search allows you to search by forum, author, title or message body - so it is a great tool.

Hope he starts to get some volume to his crow soon. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    If it is gapeworm, you will need a good broad spectrum wormer like Ivermectin, Eprinex and I think Valbazan will work also. If it is gapeworm, you may be able to see them by looking in his throat. You can also feed him olive oil by dropper and do throat massage if it is something stuck in his throat. Look down his throat with a good light for signs of anything in there.

4. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    will do thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by