HELP! so not normal! hen layed Alien egg thing!!! pooped!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GoldenSparrow, Jul 17, 2011.

1. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    My hen Early has been near death twice. the mystery illness never spread to the other chickens. and would heal own its own, No meds would help. I tryed Baytril, and tylan 50.
    both times God sent a miracle and she got well. I really thought she was going to DIE!!!!!

here is the thread all about her sorry I couldent get a link to it.
    Its located in the EMERGENCY place.

HELP sick hen, dead rooster, (Milky watery POOP!!!!)

She’s never really been a good egg layer and when she does lay the egg shells are soft or very delicate if there are egg shells at all. She is three years old and now never lays eggs.
    However today she puffed up, stood in one place for a few minute. Then she held her wings away from her body and layed this thing!!!! ;shk
    10 minutes latter she layed a yoke. Like it was poop. With NO shell. standing up. ;JDRP

then she acted like a normal hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What the heck is it ?
    she is so special to us I don’t want anything to happen to her :s3

Please help

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    what is that?

4. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    Quote:I looked here and apparently this is not uncommon. The info at this link is good once you sift thru the crap in between posts.

5. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    But will it hurt my little hen ?
    [​IMG]

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:This same thing gets posted occasionally. There has never been a definitive satisfying answer. I have never seen it posted that a chicken died from it, which is good. I also think if it was linked to death or disease there would be more research and information about it.

Sorry there's not a final resolution. Perhaps you could post updates when/if your hen lays anything further, including normal eggs. And if you think she has any health issues that may be related.

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by