help....someone

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ali, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ali

ali Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    newalla, ok
    i know there have been lot's written on the subject, but i never read it because i thought that'll never happen [​IMG] MY HEN CROWED [​IMG] what's up with that! can someone please point me to the threads that discuss this sure hate it if lemon turns out to be lemone [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Try using the search function using "hen crowed" and "crowing hen" as keywords, that way you can access all the threads that contain this disscusion at once.
    Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. ali

ali Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    newalla, ok
    thanks roosterred i'll try that

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Often if there is no rooster present a hen will take up rooster behavior like crowing. You could post a pic and I'm sure someone here could tell you if you have a hen or roo. Make sure to include the age and we'll try to help you out.

Jody

5. ali

ali Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    newalla, ok
    ok i'll get a pic in a sec. i have 2 other roos 1 welsummer and 1 brahma this bram hen repeated her man he would crow she would crow wiered they are all june and july babies

6. ali

ali Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    newalla, ok
    can't post pic help

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I had a crowing hen...but she was a true Hermaphrodite, with sex organs of both male and female.
    She crowed, had big spurs and was feathered like a male, but she gave me one yellow egg.
    Most times it's either an infection that has caused her remaining ovary to shut down or it's is behavioural.
    As for the picture, it has to be hosted somewhere on line first. Most of us use Photobucket because it's free. Upload the pic, then copy and past the image link. Come back here and paste the image link. It's easier if you have two windows open to switch back and forth. Then click on preview and it should show the pic.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by