1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! Something is wrong with my chicken!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Molly McCoy, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Molly McCoy

Molly McCoy New Egg

Feb 20, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm a new chicken mom and this is my first chicken nightmare! I was letting my girls free range on Monday when I noticed the other chickens pecking at Hazel so immediately scooped her up and started examining.. her bum is very swollen and at the time it was bloody and was leaking some clear/white fluids.. I brought her in to keep her away from the other chicks..I have given her a bath (which she does not like). She is a feisty girl so it's very hard to handle her. She is still laying eggs so I'm just not sure what's going on! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I wouldn't hate to loose her :(

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Does she walk weird?How does the swollen area feel?Squishy?Hard?

3. Molly McCoy

Molly McCoy New Egg

Feb 20, 2016
    She's walking normal, acting normal, still eating a drinking! It feels more squishy if that helps.. she has not layed an egg yet today which she usually does in the morning, it is now 4:30 PM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by