Help! Something is wrong with my Chicken

darrylwill1

Chirping
Aug 4, 2020
Maidens, Va 23102
Not sure whats wrong. She is lethargic not really eating. We picked her up this morning and she had clear liquid run out of her mouth as if she was throwing up kinda but it just kinda ran out. We have her quarantined and in her pen she pooped and it looks like dried yellow powder within a hour or 2 from the time we put her in there. It doesnt look normal for sure. Ive included a picture

Attachments

• 20211229_151006.jpg
    20211229_151006.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 9
How old is she? Has she been laying eggs recently, and have they been normal with normal hard shells? Can you look at her lower belly down between her legs, and note if it seems enlarged or full as if there is fluid inside it? Also can you feel of her crop now to see if it is full and hard or puffy, and again early in the morning, and check if it has emptied overnight? The droppings appear to have a lot of yellow urates, which normally are white. That can be an indication of a reproductive or liver disorder or ascites (water belly.)

If you accidentally squeezed her crop when you picked her up, she might have vomited clear liquid crop contents. But she also may be developing a crop disorder. Smell for a sour or bad odor from her beak when you check her crop.

How old is she? Has she been laying eggs recently, and have they been normal with normal hard shells? Can you look at her lower belly down between her legs, and note if it seems enlarged or full as if there is fluid inside it? Also can you feel of her crop now to see if it is full and hard or puffy, and again early in the morning, and check if it has emptied overnight? The droppings appear to have a lot of yellow urates, which normally are white. That can be an indication of a reproductive or liver disorder or ascites (water belly.)

If you accidentally squeezed her crop when you picked her up, she might have vomited clear liquid crop contents. But she also may be developing a crop disorder. Smell for a sour or bad odor from her beak when you check her crop.
She is almost 2 years old. Yes she seems very puffy. I believe the liquid did come from squeezing her crop. Im not sure about her egg laying as most of our egg laying has diminished from all our girls as to what is normal over the past month. I assume it is from winter. However we havent had any soft eggs

If you accidentally squeezed her crop when you picked her up, she might have vomited clear liquid crop contents. But she also may be developing a crop disorder. Smell for a sour or bad odor from her beak when you check her cro

I might have posted wrong so I'm not sure you got my reply. Her crop isnt hard or puffy now seems to have gone down. She isnt swollen and there doesnt seem to be a foul odor maybe a little sour. She pretty much just stands in one place lethargic. We took her outside and shes been standing in the same place for almost an hour

Alright, I know she doesn’t have brain tumor/cancer cause she is almost 2 years old but she is acting like it. Is she blind?

Back
Top Bottom