1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help something wrong with my favorite girl.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by deeschicks19, Aug 9, 2013.

1. deeschicks19

deeschicks19 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2013
    I noticed a while ago that Curious didn't come running to me. She was just standing there. Then I saw a long thing hanging out her butt but it is not a worm. A long clear thing. I washed her bottom it does not look at all like prolapse vent. She is way to calm. I am not sure what it could be. Have never had one just get sick on me. Had one die last week we think from sour crop.
    Also noticed on Curious crop there is no feathers at all under the top layer. I have been putting ACV in there water the last few days since I lost one. I don't even know what to look up to see what could be wrong.
    I sure don't want to lose her. She is also the smallest of the bunch. And she is a Plymouth.

2. deeschicks19

deeschicks19 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2013
    She was egg bound and now she is doing fine. I hope she stays that way. I love her she is the sweetest thing.

3. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    [​IMG] Sounds like she is better. Glad to hear it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by