HELP!! Son dropped an egg...Blood

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cherndon712, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    It was already in the hatcher...Due today...It broke, and there was a coturnix chick in there, moving around. I think a blood vessel was broken...What can I do!!!

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Put it back in the bator. I dont think you can do anything but pray. Please keep us updated

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I don't think there is anything that can save it exceped leaving it in the bator and seeing what comes out.

4. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Songster

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    How's he doing? Did it pop out yet? I know mine usually only take 1/2 hour to hatchs, its amazing.

5. cherndon712

cherndon712 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I picked it up and wrapped it in a damp paper towel before I put it back. I can't see anything, but it'll be a miracle if it does hatch the rest of the way. Do you think it might? There was a lot of blood for such a little guy...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck... they don't have much blood when they are so tiny. It would be a miracle if it made it though.

7. Good luck! At that stage, there's not much you can do.
    The Q is, why was the youngster fooling around in the hatcher with a hatch in progress?
    If the chick doesn't make it, you could tie it around his neck til it rots and hope it teaches him a lesson (just kidding).
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

8. cherndon712

cherndon712 Songster

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Oh, believe me he's in trouble! But so is his dad, who said he could take one out and listen for a peep...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: