HELP! St. Pete Florida area - with, well, read...

Avianman

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 20, 2012
Ok. So this is going to sound really strange, but it is the honest to goodness truth - I stake my reputation on it as a pastor.....anyway,

A friend in the st Pete area came to me with a question...seems he has a baby duck and he doesn't know what to do with it. Now, this guy a is a good guy, but he's not the type to have a duck, nor would he want one.

Apparently, and I know this sounds strange, a bird of prey had stolen a duck egg for a snack. Mid flight, the bird dropped the egg and , in the words of my friend - "a **** duck popped out!"

So he sent me a message, knowing I have all kinds of fowl, including ducks. Problem is, I am 1500 miles away. I know nothing of St. Petersburg, I don't know any duck people there.

Now, normally I don't mess with wild animals, but when you consider the circumstances of how it came to be in his hands, well I thought this duck might amount to be something special. He says the duck took a nasty fall but seems okay (you know how ducks are) It has been out of the shell for a few hours and he has it under a light. I saw a pic - it is an honest to goodness duck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Well, he knows to keep it about 90˚F, right? and to have lukewarm water available, and the day after hatch, to have crumble available?

There is the Where Am I Where Are You forum here on BYC and that is to link people who are close geographically.

Wow, what a story!

There is a Muscovy rescue organization in south Florida, Duck Haven. They may know something useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom