1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP - swallowed disinfectant!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by earthnut, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. earthnut

    earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

    353
    1
    141
    Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    my hen just swallowed a bit of disinfectant-soaked sponge! What can I do?

    ETA: the disinfectant was 1 c each bleach and vinegar in 1 gal water.
     
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. earthnut

    earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

    353
    1
    141
    Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    A site about human bleach poisoning said to drink water. So I'm going to syringe some water down her throat. Should I flush her?
     
  3. Jolyn

    Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    How is she doing?????? I will say a little prayer that she will be ok!!!![​IMG]
     
  4. earthnut

    earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

    353
    1
    141
    Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    So far, she looks fine. She had a nicely formed poo too.[​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by