Help! Swollen foot!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BusyBearMama, May 25, 2016.

1. BusyBearMama

BusyBearMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    [​IMG] help lettuce's foot is swollen!! What do I do!?

2. Kayajost

Kayajost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2015
    it could be bumblefoot? Maybe look it up, I'm not 100% of what it is.

3. BusyBearMama

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    I don't know. That's all I could think. It's starting in the other foot too and hasn't been there for more than a few days... I hope it's nothing bad bad... She's from a private flock and I hatched her so I really hope she doesn't have a tumor or something :-( the same toe in the other side is a teensy bit swollen

4. BusyBearMama

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bumblefoot-in-your-flock this would be theoretically possible I guess. It's what I thought but it's so swollen so fast. She's not even one yet she's a very nice little hen though... I'm going to have my husband bring me the bird and she's going to sleep in a nice crate in the hen house... If it has a dot? I guess this is the course of action...

5. BusyBearMama

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    Oh also she seems totally fine as long as you don't touch it. I never would have noticed if I didn't check their feet and bands weekly, she doesn't have bands yet and not the friendliest bird and her brother went nuts when I snatched her and took her away...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by