HELP tell me if I am a dwarf?

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Songster
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
Oak Hills
so up until NOW I haven't been a real rabbit person ya I had one as a kid along with gerbils and mice and all that stuff but in my adulthood I never seen myself as being a RABBIT GUY well until I went to get some duckling from my local co op and next to the ducks was a rabbit cage and under ALL these big rabbits and little rabbits there is this TINY bunny hiding under them all so I reach in and pick her up and BAM I buy her and she hasnt left my side since she sleeps on me or next to me plays on the floor but only if im around otherwise she hides in other words I have a new best friend and ive become her mommy so can anyone tell me what she is? I know shes a dwarf cuz of her age and small features shes about 2 months maybe 2 and a half and shes WAY under the size of the other rabbits that age I've seen so without further typing here some pics
82428_sdsd.jpg

shes smaller than my hand when she sits in it shes laying down on these pics so let me know if there good enough pics or if you will need better ones
82428_dsfg.jpg

heres a pic of some dwarf hotot rabbits I found online
82428_dwarfhototrabbitwcr_dch10.jpg

Last edited:
Im not an expert at this. However I would say that your bunny is not a dwarf breed due to the large ears. I think most likely it's a very young regular sized rabbit, could also be stunted in growth.

The ears are too big for pure dwarf. Probably a mutt. 90% of what is sold in stores are mutts and that explains some of the size difference between rabbits of the same litter. When you cross breeds you get everything in between and then some. Alot of people who sell to stores use breeds that were created by crossing to the netherland dwarf like mini rex or naturally small breeds like dutch or some lops, combine them, and then call all the offspring dwarf rabbits.

oh there not from the same litter all that were there were from a multitude of breeders I meant the age of rabbits I've seen online and at different places either way I love her
smile.png

I don't think she is a dwarf hotot just because it doesn't seem like she has the eye ring. I would ask the coop because as Jamie said it could be a stunted rabbit. If it is a dwarf it is probably just a mix. If you look up netherland dwarfs and polish (which both come in white) you will see how much smaller their ears are compared to their body size. With all the good food Im sure you are spoiling her with we will soon see what size she will end up.
Good luck with her, she is adorable!

Back
Top Bottom