Help telling Boys or Girls ???????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bossynbella, Oct 13, 2007.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Okay I took pictures of our 13 baby chicks Some have names some don't So they all have a number. Im hoping if I post a pic of them all with there numbers someone can help tell if they are boys or girls.

From Left to Right

Chick#7-Red&white,#1-Little Red,#2-SilkySpot,#3-Gold
    [​IMG]

Chick #8- Brown Silky
    [​IMG]

Chick#7-Red&White
    [​IMG]

Chick#6-Crowboy (this one crows pretty sure its a roo)
    [​IMG]

Chick#5- I call it India Red cause the coloring is alot like my hen India.
    [​IMG]

Chick#3- Lacey (It's coloring reminds me of lace)
    [​IMG]

Chick#4- Wedge Antillies ( I think its a roo, if not Im going to have to change his name)
    [​IMG]

Chick#20 Silky Spot
    [​IMG]

Those are all 2-3 months old Chicks1-4 are 9 days older then chicks5-8

The 5 below are 14 days younger then chicks 5-8

Chick#12- Brown and Black Silky
    [​IMG]

Chick#13- White- Petey ( I thought he was a roo, Now I have no idea) He is the friendliest and will sit on my finger like a parakeet, he is also alot smaller then the others.
    [​IMG]

The one in front is Chick#10- My younger India Red. Looks like a roo to me, What do you think?? The other two are Chicks11 and 14 thats the only pic I could get of them. They are fast little ones and not very tame
    [​IMG]

I hope I remembered them all Hope someone can give me some hints.:| Thats alot of chicks![​IMG]

Thanks
    Mel

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    So far you seem to be right about which are boys. They have the pointed feathers, A couple of the pics were a little fuzzy so hard to tell. The pullets will have a rounded feathers and the roos have pointed feathers. If you look at chick #3 and chick #4 you can see what I'm talking about. Good Luck

3. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    So Looking at feathers Im thinking

4,5,6,10,and 13 are Roos

2,3,and 7 are hens

And I still have no idea about 1,8,11,12 and 14.

Does this seem right to everyone?

4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    4, 5, 6, 10, and 13 a cockerels.

the rest seem to be pullets, but with silkies you usually have to wait til later on.

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    #12 looks like my Phoenix/Silkie X "Hiro" when he was that age. Hiro's a cockerel. I'd say #12 is a Silkie X with something in a Silver duck wing pattern....maybe OEGB??

#8 I'm going with pullet SilkieX.

#13 pullet OEGB
    Middle one in the first pic and #7, #10, #6, #5 #4 (again another SilkieX) look like a roos
    #20 the only thing I can tell you is it's a SilkieX
    Everyone I didn't list I would say are young ladies.

6. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    So far this has been alot of help. Everyone seems to agree on some of them but there are a few that are still confusing me

Petey #13

and Spot #2 ( I put 20 but its suppose to be 2)

Also will a pullet chase the others and put there neck feathers out because it seems like they are all doing that.

Also #8 has turned a little mean. She keeps pecking at me and the 5 younger chicks. is this normal at this age?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by