HELP! the art of TREATS and getting back in the COOP

mckngbrd

In the Brooder
May 7, 2016
I have 7 2 month old pullets. They have a very large run and coop which for the moment is where they stay- no free ranging as we can only let them roam when we can watch them (finicky landlord).

*Sometimes when it's dusk they seem to get agitated but just wont go inside, when i KNOW they just want to go to bed. When i try to herd them in they get even more upset...what to do. I do try and give them a special treat when they go inside at the end of day...but mostly they only like KALE. And often that doesn't lure them either.

*I cant for the life of me get them interested in anything but KALE. Not even meal worms. I need some better treat ideas!!!

Help and THANK YOU!

big_smile.png
I go into the coop and simply shake a canister of Quaker Oats to get my late partiers inside.
They know the sound and love those oats!
Give it a try!

These are babies without any adults to show them the way. My birds love the scratch feed (mostly corn) and will come running for it. Start by using a special call when you offer a tiny amount, while they are in their run. You may be wanting them in too early; right now my birds go to bed at about 9:20pm! If the coop is too dark, or mice are running around in it, they may be fearful and need a bigger window or something. For a short time, a light in the coop at dusk could help them see the way in. Mary

Back
Top Bottom