Help The Mink is back

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Gerardi, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Gerardi

Gerardi Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this little pest! He has managed to kill my Dry Land Duck. and it took 2 chicks as a ""to-go"" meal. It wouldnt have really bothered me if it wasnt for my daughter who is 2. She keeps putting food in the ducks bowl telling me that Crackers Come Back. so Does anybody know how to get rid of this little guy?!

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    No clue, but could you use a trap and then relocate or dispose of it? Just a suggestion.

3. Gerardi

Gerardi Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    Well, I set traps. both live and still. I really dont want to relocate it. (the rage is here!!) I was just seeing if anyone had any cool ideas!

4. JoJo 95

JoJo 95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    I wish I had minks around here. They make wonderful pets and are very easy to train

5. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    120 Conibear trap is what I use

6. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    catch it, kill it, skin it, cook it, feed the meat to your birds, then sell the skin to pay for replacing the birds you lost LOL

7. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Wrong time of year for pelt--wouldn't be worth much. Try a live trap baited with cat food--works well for skunks and coons too. I nailed my weasel using the head of one of his victims. Be careful though, they can be nasty and also give off a very offensive odor.

8. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Live trap baited with stinky canned cat food....and as woodmort mentioned, be careful...it won't be happy! [​IMG]

9. Kramer

Kramer New Egg

Jul 7, 2010
    Quote:You can tell this member hasn't had a mink get into their hen house and kill every hen in the coop, just eating the back of the neck on two of them, leaving the rest laying in a bloody pile. (they kill just for sport) Once this happens to you , you will lose your "want for minks around here"!!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  10. JoJo 95

JoJo 95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    Trust me, no predator bigger than a snake can get in my coop. I just want a mink because they are good pets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by