Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Are Dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Casandra, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Casandra

Casandra Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    MY LITTLE QUAIL ARE STARTING TO HATCH AND SO FAR ONLY TWO HAVE MADE IT OUT A THIRD DYED AND STARTED TO DECOMPOSE. WE HAVE THREE MORE HATCHING BUT THEY CANT GET OUT. THE MEMBRANE KEEPS DRYING AND WE ARE GETTING IT DAMP BUT ONE HAS BEEN GOING AT IT FOR TWO DAYS. AND HES TIRED. PLEASE I DONT WANT TO ANYMORE OF MY BABYS TWO DYE!!!! PLEASE HOW CAN I HELP THEM! THIS IS AN EMERCENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

2. jamesnoldsr

jamesnoldsr Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    North Central Texas
    What is the humidity in your incubator? If you're sure you are going to lose them, you might as well intervene and help them out. A small chance to live is better than none if they don't get out of the egg shell. JMO

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  3. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    Two days is a long time for a baby quail to try to hatch. I usually help if there is no progress after 24 hours.

I usually sit down in the bathroom, while running the shower on hot to bring up the temp and humidity, with a glass of warm water and a q-tip. Gently peel away the shell and membrane after moistening as needed with the q-tip and water. Usually the baby will start to struggle as you get the shell off. Sometimes you can get the shell open enough for the baby to zip on its own, but if it us really stuck and dried in there, you will have to gently peel everything off. Be VERY careful when peeling the membrane away from over the eyes and face.

4. TheHalfWayCoop

TheHalfWayCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Campbellville Ontario
    Quote:^^ This. If they've all been dying, and you know the last ones are having trouble I'd look up the intervening thread and help them out, some chance is better than no chance, jmho though.

Good luck!

5. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

6. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

tinydancer87 has the right idea............good luck

7. Casandra

Casandra Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    ok thank you SO MUCH!!!!!! but what about the blood vessels? also one just hatched i am gonna post pics in a sec so you can see the eggs and wats going on!

8. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Usually if you help them out after that long they will have leg problems and will be crippled. Just my experience.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by