Help!!!! Thigh muscle sticking out and skin coming off of my favorite Hen.

Coming in late to this. You made the right choice. I've seen a lot of mind boggling injuries chickens have recovered from here, but a bone break like that is typically a deal breaker.

She will be in good company in that giant coop in the sky. Lots of well loved chickens will welcome her to her new egg box.

Thank you all for the advice on what I could to to help fix her. Also thank you for helping to ease my mind in making the decision to let her go. I don’t normally get to attached to my chickens because they are always being taken by predators. But in the last 3 days our bond became a thing. At the vet I realized that this is the hen that pecked me in the eye and sent me to the urgent care when she was a little 2 month old chick. She normally wasn’t a people chicken but in her last days she was calmed and at ease any time I picked her up, even if it was to mess with her injuries. So I felt it best to have her cremated and returned here to her chicken family and her human family that she grew to love in the end.

I just now read this thread and wanted to say how sorry I am that you lost your beloved BO. Such a sad experience to go through. :hit I just went through this with a favorite BO and nursed her for a week. In the end she died on her own and I thought perhaps I should have helped her go sooner. I think you have done the right thing. I'm so sorry! :hugs Big hugs!

:hitUnfortunately the Vet and I made the decision to let her go to the Big Coop in the Sky.

I am so sorry love, but know in your heart u did the right thing by being selfless and thinking of her. I personally am so proud of you because that was a hard thing for you to do and she certainly is thanking u from up above. You fought to the end and never wavered and she was so lucky to have someone to love her so much. May your heart know this just as much as she does. We get so attached and thats ok.

Put your mind to work and gets some hardware cloth for babies cage and finding the evil creature that took your friend. Remember, sometimes things are out of our control and we do the best we can.

Back
Top Bottom