help to tell what the sex is of these two lovable parakeets

I think they're males too, but the photos are too far away. Need a better pic of the face (believe it or not). If they are males, they are young males.

The albino parakeet is over a year old. i will try to get better pictures today.thanks

the white albino parakeet has a tan to brownish cere and is over 1 year old and the yello parakeet has a pinkish purple cere but i dont know the age of this bird. also if anyone can tell me how to read the leg bands the numbers are bbfe5979 and bbfc6050 please let me know thanks

Actually, this is going to be harder for you since both birds are of a color variety (one albino and the other lutino) that could prevent the cere from changing color. Your best bet if you don't want to pay for having your birds sexed is to watch the behavior. Males will typically chirp, bob their heads, and hop from perch to perch; females typically don't display these behaviors.

In this case the band numbers were probably only relevant to the breeder in managing their flock; I don't recognize the abbreviations as any major bird club.

V.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom