Help Uh-oh In The Bator

Kovalciks Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Richmond, Michigan
I got home today and looked at my bator...it was staying relatively low from the cooler temp. we have been having around 98 F. So when I got home my thermometer ready 105.5 F. Are my lil guys gunna survive. I am only on day 6. I just wanna know if they are gunna survive.

They might, I had a temp spike on day 17 it went to about 107, 2 chicks died from it but I got 20 chicks out of the hatch. So they still have a chance.
smile.png
and good luck on your hatch!

You never know if it was just from an attempt to correct a dip or if it had been that way for hours- that's the thing. It may have just been like that for a few minutes with the thermostat having made a minor error. I usually open the top and fan out all the air then feel the eggs to see if they truly feel like they are hot through and through- not that it makes a difference, because the end result will be me closing it up and seeing if anything makes it
smile.png

They probably didn't get hot all the way through. Mix them up so they are all in a bit different spot in the turner and let them keep going.

...turner who uses one of those i go the old fashion way and turn by hand. but thank you I went to a tennis tournament about 7 this morning and got home at about 3 so i do not know where the temp was at all day. I have 52 eggs and they are all assorted so it would be very depressing to lose them all

I bet quite a few will still make it. I've had my temps drop to 80 in my past two hatches, believe it or not... and last time I had 6 hatch, this time at least half are still kicking. You will get something hatching, I am sure.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom