Help Uh-oh In The Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kovalciks Chickens, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    I got home today and looked at my bator...it was staying relatively low from the cooler temp. we have been having around 98 F. So when I got home my thermometer ready 105.5 F. Are my lil guys gunna survive. I am only on day 6. I just wanna know if they are gunna survive.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

They might, I had a temp spike on day 17 it went to about 107, 2 chicks died from it but I got 20 chicks out of the hatch. So they still have a chance. [​IMG] and good luck on your hatch!

3. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    Good luck! I pray they will be ok! [​IMG]

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    You never know if it was just from an attempt to correct a dip or if it had been that way for hours- that's the thing. It may have just been like that for a few minutes with the thermostat having made a minor error. I usually open the top and fan out all the air then feel the eggs to see if they truly feel like they are hot through and through- not that it makes a difference, because the end result will be me closing it up and seeing if anything makes it [​IMG]

They probably didn't get hot all the way through. Mix them up so they are all in a bit different spot in the turner and let them keep going.

5. Kovalciks Chickens

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    ...turner who uses one of those i go the old fashion way and turn by hand. but thank you I went to a tennis tournament about 7 this morning and got home at about 3 so i do not know where the temp was at all day. I have 52 eggs and they are all assorted so it would be very depressing to lose them all

6. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I bet quite a few will still make it. I've had my temps drop to 80 in my past two hatches, believe it or not... and last time I had 6 hatch, this time at least half are still kicking. You will get something hatching, I am sure. [​IMG]

7. Kovalciks Chickens

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    THANK GOD!! I thought I killed them all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by